Four F-15C Eagle fighter jets, with the California Air National Guard’s 144th Fighter Wing in Fresno will perform a series of flyovers across a large swath of California, beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
The pilots will fly in salute to healthcare workers, first responders and everyone on the front lines in the fight against COVID-19.
Listen to this article:
— City of Clovis, CA (@CityofClovisCA) May 13, 2020
Medical Facilities Flyover
The jets will take off from Fresno’s Air Guard base and pass over medical facilities around the San Joaquin Valley, Sacramento, Bay Area and Central Coast. Flyovers will take place in 15 communities, including Reedley, Selma, Madera, Sacramento, Merced, Richmond, Oakland, San Jose, Monterey, Santa Barbara and Clovis before returning to Fresno around noon.
Some of the local facilities being saluted include:
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office 2200 Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93721
- Fresno Police Department 2323 Mariposa St, Fresno, CA 93721
- Community Regional Medical Center 2823 Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93721
- VA Central California Health Care System 2615 E Clinton Ave, Fresno, CA 93703
- Fresno City Fire Department Station 5 3131 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93703
- Fresno City Fire Department Station 11 5544 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93710
- Fresno Surgical Hospital 6125 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93719
- Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center 7300 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93720
- Saint Agnes Medical Center 1303 E Herndon Ave, Fresno, CA 93720
- Community Medical Providers Medical Group 1570 E Herndon Ave, Fresno, CA 93720
- Valley Children’s Hospital 9300 Valley Children’s Place, Madera CA 93636
- Clovis Community Medical Center 2755 Herndon Ave, Clovis, CA 93611
- Adventist Medical Center – Reedley 372 W Cypress Ave, Reedley, CA 93654
- Adventist Health Selma 1141 E Rose Ave, Selma, CA 93662
- Madera Community Hospital 1250 E Almond Ave, Madera, CA 93637
- U.C. Merced Medical Facility Services Ln, Merced, CA 95340
- Mercy Medical Center Merced 333 Mercy Ave, Merced, CA 95340
The California Air National Guard says residents in these areas will be able to see the flyover from the comfort of home. The Guard is discouraging anyone from traveling to landmarks, hospitals, and gathering in large groups to view the jets.
Part of Nationwide Salute
The four F-15s are part of a nationwide salute by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy for healthcare workers and those on the front line. The pilots plan to do a low pass at several locations including the Capitol, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, and California Highway Patrol Academy.
This story has been updated to reflect changes to the flyover route announced by the California Air National Guard on Tuesday afternoon.